10 July, 2008

Carrying Over ...




In my other blog, I posted about this little medallion. The Battenburg lace is a new endeavor for me -- generally, in the laces department I concentrate on needlelace and pulled-thread techniques. The SRE (Silk Ribbon Embroidery) materials are courtesy of Vikki Clayton at Hand-Dyed Fibers.
You'll remember that fabrics, fibers and founds are what I do. This idea was poking at my thoughts processes, so I decided to try it. For a first attempt, I don't think it's too bad -- you get the idea that it's a medallion shape. The reason I'm publishing it here, also, is because it's beginning a tie-in point that I've been kicking around for a while, so I wanted to present it.

These types of ideas will continue to be shared here, as well as my various pieces as they come off exhibition.


Please continue to share my walk along the circuitous and tumultuous path of fiber art discovery and let me know how you interpret my work. All comments are most welcome!

1 comment:

Marie Alton said...

Hi Sarah

This is really pretty...and a different thoughtful use of lace!
I have been a long-time lover of Vikki's ribbons...she dyes awesome stuff that always makes my work look good.

Glad to have found your blog...will check back often.